Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Happy Birthday, Dear Friend!

Its taken me two and a half years to come back to my blog but there's no better day than today for that.

There are very few people in your life that make a HUGE impact in a short time and you can probably count them on your fingers. People that have done so much in their lives that you look up to them in awe. Or people that have helped you grow in their own way by pushing you subtly and sometimes overtly as well. People that helped you build your family. People that you know you can go to with any question and get a reply without judgement.

If you have someone like this in your life, tell them that they matter every time you meet them. Let them know that you are you because of them. Cherish them and their friendship. 

Because life is short and unpredictable and sometimes you may not get a chance to tell them that.

Today is the 45th birthday of just such a person who made a HUGE impact on me in the 12 years that I had the good fortune to know her. I never got a chance to tell her all this on her face because I always thought she was indestructible. She was the warrior woman. She was awe inspiring. She was warm and loving.

She was Gina Campos Braganza!

And she left too soon!

So dear friend, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! I hope you are having a rocking party up there and showing the angels (and devils) how to party!

I just wanted to tell you that I Miss You! 

Everytime I see the yellow jeep, I miss you.
Everytime I see Carlton, I miss you.
Everytime I am partying, I miss you.
Everytime I am with my bestest friend, I miss you.
Everytime I am up against a problem, I miss you.
Everytime I play a sport, I miss you.
Everytime I need advice, I miss you.
Everytime I look for a slap on the back, I miss you.
Everytime I want a superb smile, I miss you. 

There are times when I just feel the need to talk to you and get your advice and over the last few years, I've missed you tremendously knowing how you would have sat me down and then given me a good kick on my backside.

7 years still hasn't dulled the pain and the anger!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GINA! And wish you were here!

No comments:

Post a Comment