Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day 65 - Thank You God

An award speech invariably begins with 'Thank You God' - at least in US. Then,of course, there is the prayer that is taught to our children - Thank you for the world so sweet, Thank you for the food we eat, Thank you for the birds that sing, Thank you God for everything.

Have you ever thought about how many times you have Thanked God and on what occasions? If you put your mind to it you will realise that most of the times we end up thanking God when good things happen in our lives. An award, a promotion, a relationship going our way, things that we wanted to happen and so on. Have you ever thanked God for something that did not happen according to your wish? I think not.

I think it stems from the fact that we Thank someone when a good thing happens and blame someone when a bad thing happens. If you take that logic then we should be blaming God for everything that goes wrong. Ideally we should but then the basic concept of God is that He / She is all knowing and all powerful. You don't want to make an All Powerful being angry and so we blame ourselves for all wrongs and thank Him for all rights. Why does God have to get all the credit whenever something good happens? He doesn't take the shit when something bad happens? We have to take that!

Don't get me wrong.....I'm not an atheist. In fact I am a religious man and pray daily to Him. I thank him for everything that has happened in my life - good or bad - and ask Him to look after me and my family. I worry about losing my religion and not being able to pass on these values to my children. But at the same time, I do wonder if I can get away with blaming Him for something bad in my life. The problem is that you don't want to take that risk with Him! You don't want to anger Him and face his wrath. Neither do I! In fact I blogged about the situation where if things happen according to your wishes its good but even better if they don't happen according to you wishes on day 20 of my blog.

So as 2009 comes to a close, I Thank God for everything that has happened in my life this year - good and bad - and ask Him to look after me, my family and ones I love for next year as well!

THANK YOU GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment