Friday, November 13, 2009

Day 57 - Lakshya

No......this is not about the movie, although I've put the poster on this blog. But the idea came to me from the movie. I'm watching the movie as I type this and it depicts so beautifully the fact that if you have a goal in mind, if you have a लक्ष्य life becomes easier and it gets direction. The character differentiation between those of Karan (Hritik Roshan, who does have any aim in life in the first half) and Romi (Priety Zinta, who knows exactly what she wants to be) is beautifully brought out. More importantly is the portrayal of the direction that Karan'slife takes after he decides what he wants to do and goes behind that with complete dedication and focus.

How many of us knew what we wanted to be as we approached that critical point in our lives? Whether its to do with career and work or to do with personal beliefs. Every person reaches that 'moment of truth' at some point in their lives......or at least they should. Once you reach that moment and you choose the path, life becomes a bit more easier to live.

I can count two such occasions in my life. When I was in school and approached that critical point in life (Class XII) I knew I wanted to be an engineer. But half way into engineering I knew that a technical job was not my cup of tea and I couldn't do that for the rest of my life. So I moved into a Sales role and have stuck with Sales and Marketing as a career. Once I knew that this is what I wanted to do my career took its own direction as all my moves were in that field. My sister found her career lakshya when she joined Lufthansa after drifting around for quite some time. She realised that that's the field she wants to be in and now her life has a direction and is that much easier.

My second moment was when I fell in love with a girl when in college. When college got over she moved back to the city she came from and I had a choice. But my lakshya was very clear that I had to make her mine. Once that goal was in mind life and its decision became that much easier. I moved to Bangalore as well, wooed her here all over again and finally married her and we have been married for 11 years now.

ज़िन्दगी में लक्ष्य होना बहूत ज़रूरी हैं । लक्ष्य मिल जाए तो उसको पाने के रास्ते अपने आप आसन हो जाते हैं ।

Its important to get a goal in life. Once you set a goal the routes to attain that goal become easy on its own!

So got out and set a goal! Notice how decisions will become easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment