Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 41 - Ten Places

I was watching a program on Discovery Travel and Living last night which spoke about 10 places to see before you die. This was the first time I caught the program but I guess what they do is get some well known person and ask them the question, then go to those places to show you why its a must-see place.

The program last evening spoke about Great Wall of China, Mount Fuji, Angkor Wat and few other places. It got me thinking on what are the ten places that I want to see before I die.

Here is my list, in no specific order of priority:
  1. Grand Canyon, USA
  2. Shuttle Launch from Florida, USA
  3. Eiffel Tower, Paris
  4. Colosseum, Rome
  5. Sistine Chapel, Vatican City
  6. Christ The Redeemer, Rio de Janerio
  7. The Pyramids, Egypt
  8. Great Wall, China
  9. Angkor Wat, Cambodia
  10. Lhasa, Tibet
But after putting down this list, I realised that all these were outside India. I thought about my close friend - Malathi - who is currently doing a trip to Delhi and Agra just to see those places and realised that there are probably many places in my own country that I have not seen and that rival the grandeur of the above places.

So I got down to listing the 10 places in India that I would like to see and here is my list, again in no order of priority:
  1. Taj Mahal, Agra
  2. Qutub Minar & Red Fort, Delhi
  3. Temples of Love, Kahjuraho
  4. Statue of Bahubali, Shravanabelagola
  5. Sun Temple, Konark
  6. Ruins of Hampi, Karnataka
  7. Golden Temple, Amritsar
  8. Jaisalmer Fort, Rajasthan
  9. View of Mount Kanchenjunga & Ladakh
  10. Rameswaram Temple, Tamil Nadu
Do you have a list of your own? I wonder if I will be able to complete this list before the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment